Physical phenomena description and modeling related to epoxy based manufacturing. Understanding of thermoset resin cure and fibrous reinforcement manufacturing properties.
At the end of this module, the students will have an in depth understanding of the thermophysical properties of epoxy resins and understand the behaviour of fibrous reinforcement.So that they can define the cure cycle of composite parts and its impact on mechanical properties.
This module aims to introduce the thermo-physical properties of the polymeric materials that are important to guarantee an optimal process of Epoxy based materials. The interaction between these properties will also be highlighted. This concerns mainly the permeability of fibrous performs, the curing of thermoset resins, the viscosity of polymers. Experimental techniques will be presented and accuracy and representatitity of the mathematical models aiming to describe these properties are discussed. Identification procedures and typical properties are illustrated on the basis of the to main resin systems used in aeronautical industry : the RTM6 resin form LCM processes and the M21 resin system for autoclave processing
- Cours Magistraux : 12
UE de rattachement
Format des notesNumérique sur 20Littérale/grade européen
Pour les élèves du diplômeAdvanced Manufacturing Processes for Aeronautical StructuresLe rattrapage est autorisé (Max entre les deux notes écrêté à une note seuil)
Le coefficient de l'enseignement est : 1
La note obtenue rentre dans le calcul de votre GPA.
Module is constituted of 8 lectures (1,5h) devoted to :
- Multi-physic coupling during composite manufacturing processes
- Viscosity of epoxies and model fluid, viscosity modeling and characterization
- TTT diagrams epoxy polymers (application to RTM6 and M21/T700 systems)
- Physical permeability at different scales, permeabilty models, relation with composite porosity Permeability
- Polymer curing process and modeling (application to RTM6 and M21/T700 systems)
- Fibrous compaction in relation processing, RTM press design and sizing
- Composite Thermo-chemical and thermo-mechanical Modeling during polymerization process
- Experimental and theoritical methods for permeability estimation and identification